Thursday, March 29, 2007

Calculation vs Memorizing??

Since I was small I hated maths alot. I never like calculation. I never like maths. Although I do score in maths during primary school. Easy ma... only plus, minus, substract and divide. Then, when I entered lower secondary, I still dislike maths like before. This time it became worse, I'm bad in maths. Mathematics will always be a subject that I worry the most. However, I do have strong memorizing skill. Therefore, I'm always good in history and geographic. No matter how sucky I am in maths during form 3, I still score A in PMR. Pure luck I would say.

Then, form4 ahead. The greatest fear ever! Additional Mathematics. I have heard how tough this subject is, how my brother used to fail this subject and how complicated the equations are. Absolutely correct! This may sound embarasssing but I dare to admit that I failed all my add maths exam in form. Whole year fail. No kidding, you know it's possible to fail right especially with my attitude. So, I failed the whole year, I even failed my first paper which is "fungsi". The weirdest part was I pass the hardest topic taught in form4 which is logaritma. Hahaha.. weird huh? Yes, history and geography were still my strongest subject. But what's the use of it when I'm in pure science stream.

Form5, I was still struggling at my add maths and modern maths. Modern maths is known as the simplest maths. Much much more easier than add maths but I still did very badly every exam. ( Hush : my modern maths never exceed 65% before in my entire form4 and form5, sad right? ) Fortunately, I got amazing friends that time who willing to spend their time staying back to teach me maths, so that i'll improve. Of course with the help of my tution teacher who always aim me as a target whether I did my homework anot. Slowly, I learned to catch up and became very hardworking in completing my tuition's work. Here I really wanna thank CH and LHH for guiding and teaching me maths all these while. Thanks for your patience when u have to teach student like me. :) Hard work does pay off. I scored in my SPM and yet I still HATE maths as ever.

Today studying in university, I thought I could at least run away from maths but I was so wrong. Maths is everywhere unless you pursue law which is all about memorizing. So far, I've taken three maths not including calculation needed subject such as accounting. To my surprise, I slowly learn not to dislike it and slowly learn to accept it. Today, while I was struggling filling my brains with marketing information, I suddenly had this thought, " damn! I really hate memorizing all these notes! I rather do maths! ". Yes, I've said that, I prefer doing maths now. I enjoy doing my statistic, I think accounting isn't that bad as long I study it, I love financial management subject although it's full with numbers and formulas. Maybe calculation isn't that bad after all. I just have to give myself a chance to accept it, understand it and learn it. Memorizing is much much more tiring than calculating. Subconciously I think have already change my preference from memorizing to calculating. :) :) Now, let's see how well I can handle my calculation subject this sem.

No comments: