Tuesday, June 19, 2007

1st week of Gamma.

Wow.. Can't believe I'm in my second year degree in MMU already. Time flies pretty fast, dont they? My lecturers for this sem isn't that bad after all. In fact, I find them pretty interesting. Well, I better not judge them so instantly since it's the first class. Usually,lecturers are super nice in their first class and slowly they might turn into zombies and pull us down.. deep down to the grave. ( In another kills us with loads of assignments and projects, not to forget exams! ).

Let me introduce my lecturers for this sem. My Human Resource (BHR) lecturer is pretty interesting. Despite her melodious voice who makes me stay awake and concentrate in class, she tries her best to explain thoroughly with examples. Besides, I were sitting in front of the class, no excuse for me for not being attentive during her class right? In fact, the way she teaches us is as though HR is fun and is an easy subject too. Lydia and I even thought of switching our majors to HR. LOL. It's just a joke anyway. :P However, Mel jus told me that her friend complained that our lecturer is kinda bored and she reads from the slides. Hmmm.. I dun really know about that, perhaps sitting in front really makes me concentrate and hence making me think that my lecturer is pretty interesting. :) Hehehe.

Next class is International Business ( BIB ). To our surprise, our lecturer is a malay men with a looooong beard. Hahahaa. Lydia caci that he looks like Osama bin Laden. LOL. Discrimination! Today, he explained the subject in detail which kinda freaked us out, especially Lydia. His first question is " how many countries are there on earth? ". Everyone started to whisper with each other scratching our heads for answers but none of us know. Just only I surf the net and found that there are officially 194countries on earth but only 192countries is in UN. His next question was " who is the president of france? ". hahaaa.. I dun really read news often so dun expect me to know. I know.. it's kinda embarassing... I just sedar diri after that lecture class actually. This time there was one International student who answered it.. Hmmm.. I think I really need to read more already but I hate reading news. :( Guess that I have no choice this time.

Later he gave us our 1st task for our group project which is a topic will be given to us and based on that topic we have to be interviewed by him on a certain day. This is an example that he gave, " The topic will be ' exportation of oil and petrol '. Example of question that he will ask is ' If Petronus would like to export petrol to Bosnia, which is the best route to take?' . What he wants is what type of transportation to use? By plane or cargo or train? Which route to take? From which country and then to the following place and stuff? The cost incurred for each decision. Which is cheaper and why do you choose that particular route? Sounds easy to you? Wait till u really need to answer it. Surprisingly this time I find it pretty interesting yet challenging. Oh well... we have to be prepared before we meet the real world rite? I bet the real world is 10times harder than this assignments. Guess, I have to just learn it here and learn from my mistakes. Sometimes, when we study for a subject it's not just to pass or score a 1st class. U can score A easily if you memorize the whole freaking book rite??? But then, will you understand? Did you learn anything more than your books? Right now, I'm getting nervous each time I think that I have 2 years more before I get into the real world. That is the one that really freaks me out!! Sigh.

So far these were the two lecturers/subjects I find it interesting. I dunno about the rest although I have met my other two lecturers. oh gosh, my fren just told me some extension that my BIB lecturer said just now... guess my life this sem gonna be tough. No more last minute assignments and studies. Wish me luck everyone! and hope all of you enjoy your new sem :) Disclaimer : I'm not trying to be sarcastic here okie?? I know all of you dun like to be back to class. Hahaha.

No comments: