Thursday, January 03, 2008

Innovation Management

Last sememster during my Innovation Management lecture, my lecturer Dr.David asked us one question.

Dr David : Class, remember, you have to always think outside the box. Now tell me, what can you innovate with a normal plastic bag you got from JJ before I reveal the answer.

Hands after hands flew high up in the air with various answer like...

Student 1 : Errrmm...kite sir! kite!
Student 2 : Sir sir! parachute!!
Student 3 : sir.. tuuu.. you can use to cover your head when going to be sentenced to death. (LOL)

and so on so forth.

While they were discussing about this, I was talking to Lydia, Crystal and Sue May..
Me : Hey.. I tell you one thing la, do you know what I used to do with plastic bags when I was young?
Lydia : errr.. no.. what?
Me : I used plastic bag to make a swimming suit... shy*
Lydia : *burst into laughter* Siao ah you! hahahahaa...
Me : Ya ma.. you just need to cut the two ends of the plastic bag oni.. really leee... serious..

Dr David : Alrite class, all of your answers are not innovative enough! The answer is....

Then he showed this picture below
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


A swimsuit!!!
LOLX... All of us burst in to laugher especially me!

Me : Oooi Lydia.. see see... I'm that creative when I was young okay.
Lydia : Then why don't you tell out the answer jus now wor!
Me : Siao meh.. so embarassing... hahaha


So that's what actually happened few months back during Innovation Management class and I truely agree that people are more creative when they were younger. All sorts of things can be made by using recycle stuff.

I remembered the first Barbie dress I atttempted to sew was in standard 5 when our Kemahiran Hidup teacher taught us how to sew a dress by using threat and needle la, not by sewing machine. Cool rite. Since that, I've been sewing some dresses for my Barbie :) There was once I do not have any cloth to sew a dress. Being a rebellious girl, I snipped off the cloth of my ribbon hair clip which has the colour blue and maroon, plus the cloth material is those stretchable ones. In the end after an hour or so... TADA...

Me : Mummy!! nice anot nice anot.. I sew one le!!
Mummy : WHere did you get the cloth?!
Me : Errrr....... my ribbon hair clip...
Mummy : HAH! you...
Me : Aiya.. mummy part of the cloth on the clip came of ma, so might as well I used to cloth to sew rite?
Mummy : *swt*


Incredibly, my dress fits my Barbie :) and I'm so proud that Barbie wore my dress. :P :P

No comments: