Wednesday, December 27, 2006

TAIWAN QUAKE DISRUPTS PHONE AND WEB SERVICE

By STEPHAN GRAUWELS, Associated Press Writer 35 minutes ago


TAIPEI, Taiwan - Telephone lines and Internet service went dead across much of Asia on Wednesday after two powerful earthquakes damaged undersea cables used by several countries to route calls and online traffic.......

.......The U.S. Geological Survey estimated its magnitude at 7.1, while Taiwan's Central Weather Bureau measured it at 6.7. It was followed eight minutes later by 7.0 magnitude aftershock, the USGS said. A 5.9-magnitude aftershock struck early Wednesday, the Central Weather Bureau said.


Now we know why we can't on9 early this morning. Sigh... what happened to the world nowadays I wondered. It seems like the world has turn 360degrees. Everything went wrong.. from the 2years back tsunami, katrina hurrican,typhoon in Philippines,massive flood in Malaysia ( specificly in Johor, Melaka and Pahang ) and now... this.. earth quake in Taiwan. So many disasters happened in this short period of time. What's next? another huge tsunami that will sweep everyone living on the earth? Another flash flood that leads to more losses? I remembered when I was young, I hardly heard about natural disaster. Yes, they do have but to my concern is not as much as now. What's wrong with the earth, showing us signs that it gonna destroy soon? Yeap, I know I'm bullshitting alot here, but u cant stop me from thinking that way. Most probably I'll die in natural disaster instead of old age. Choi choi choi! I'm talking nonsense again. It's just pretty sad to see people suffer. Worst of all is during christmas week. How those victim who caught in the flood can't celebrate christmas and how many victim that has been sacrificed in this earth quake. Please oh please stop all these... I really dun wanna see anymore more ppl suffer. Izzit because we humans have been evil lately? Precisely, no doubt that all these disasters are cause my us. Agree me or not, I think that the world has change because of our advance techonologies. Yes, It's good to have advance technologies but perhaps.... people doesnt seems to realise how this will lead the Earth to an end. It will be an end.. it will... we'll just have to wait for the time to come.... Sigh.. Now I'll just pray that everyone will be safe and sound, no more suffering, no more disaster.

No comments: