Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Life as a ....

This man above is a Malaysian who is currently working at Manhattan, New York as a Senior Art Director. What's weird is that he graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Journalism and currently he is a senior art director in Manhattan! For now, I sense a golden hope where one day I might get the same opportunity as him to work as a fashion/art/creative director for any major companies.

“I knew I had to get people to notice me. I talked to the creative directors and art directors and told them of my ambition, but that wasn’t enough. During my downtime, I drew caricatures of my colleagues and turned them into personalised screensavers. That created a big buzz for me; everybody wanted one of my caricature screensavers. The CEO and owner of the agency, Dick Tarlow, sent his personal assistant to find out who I was. Then came my big break when one of the art directors went on maternity leave. I was asked if I was interested in assisting the group since they were short-handed. I jumped at the chance.” - Yeweng Wong.

How I wish I could be like him, how I wish I have the determination like him. Oh wait, I still have. I haven't actually gave up on my dream to be a fashion designer, however as time pass, I feel that maybe I might venture as creative art director, advertising, perhaps marketing in companies that revolve with the fashion and beauty industry. I always love this industry, it may be a tough and rocky journey full with obstacles and surprises, but this is what I really want to do since I was 12. I knew that I wanted to do this... I knew. Perhaps taking up International Business isn't a really bad choice after all, at least I gain knowledge about business before I step into this industry.

Anyway, I will be having my internship in June 2008. I'm still struggling which company I actually wanted. What makes it worse is that most of the companies that I have in mind are all in KL but my parents prefer me to stay in Melaka. I do understand of the difficulties that I will faced in KL and I know that they are just concern about me. Yes, transportation is already a big problem, not forgetting accomodation and expenses. But mommy, I wanna experience the lifestyle in KL before I really settle down and work there. I know it will be hard, but I really want to do my internship in companies that I'm interested in. What we have in Melaka? Infeneon, Mammee. Sorry to say I really do not have any clue about semi conductor or manufacturing and I do not want to work in companies like that where I have absolutely no idea about their company. Mum said I can learn about the company as time pass. I know, but I have no interest about that company at all. For once I really wanna fight for my rights, I wanna do something that I'm interested in, I wanna do my internship in companies that I like. I don't think I will put 100% effort if I work in companies that I dislike. Melaka will be my last choice, and we will see about that.

People, if you guys have any great suggestion on how to persuade my family and settle most of my problem, do leave a message okay?


No comments: