Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Wesak Eve.

Happy Wesak to all of you.

Just like previous years, my family and I would joined the wesak procession. No doubt that this year we are so contented to walk again. :) Every year, during wesak eve, SKE will be crowded with thousands of devotees all around malaysia from Melaka, Penang, Seremban, Muar, Batu Pahat and even Singapore.

This year, mummy, Aunty Agnes and I volunteered for the monks's canopy. For the first time after all these years with the procession since I was 5 year old, this is my first time being in the front accompanying the monks of course. For the years before when I was a little girl, I only get to walk atthe back because all bunga rampai and flower girls have to walk with the last and main float. Hence, we were always the last to reach the temple. Hmm.. now I kinda missed those days where me and my friends used to throw throw the bunga rampai. Kekeekee.. YES! We are sooooooooo notty at that time. :P Anyway, dad didnt join the procession this time due to his severe backache. On the contrary, he's the cameraman this time. Hahaha.. running here and there just to get a shot of the entire procession. Now all we need to do is to wait for him to edit the videos. :)

As usual, this year we have lots and lots of floats from every temple in Malacca and schools.



Left : From MBYS Right : From MGSand other schools.


More floats from other temples.




We had lion dance and dragon dance. We also had a band from... err.. not sure where. Cool!


Last but not least, the main float from SKE temple.

The route of the procession if from SKE temple to Fajar, then across the bridge to Peringgit ( I saw my primary school :) ) , and then straight to City Bayview Hotel, passed the Stadhuys and Red Building, back to Heeren Street, Jalan Bendahara, Tengkera and back to SKE temple.

Right after the procession, we headed to the shrine hall to rest while waiting for the last float to arrive. At the mean time, we were talking about what happened along the way. I sort of overheard or perhaps easedropping what those VIPs who stand behind us talking along the way. They talked about politic, parliment, election and stuff and then suddenly one of them said, " Hey, this time we better walk finish the journey okie? Either we walk or dun walk at all, no such thing as walking halfway ( in chinese ) ". In the end, only a few of them made it to the end... Hahhaa. Before I forgot, we did faced a little problem along the way. We the first front row had to stop at City Bayview because the last main float haven't even reached Fajar yet due to some traffic problem I guess. Therefore, we were delayed for about 20minutes.

So that's about it la. I'll post more pictures later okie?

Til then, Happy Wesak to all the Buddhist again and may all of you be blessed with good health, long life, peace, happiness and prosperity. Sadhu sadhu sadhu.

No comments: