Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obsession

Lately, Adelene is obsessed with her new found hobbies; Karaoke and Pool; something which she finds it very wrong and indecent in yesteryears. Back then, karaoke wasn't in trend, at least not in the small town of Melaka. As for pool, she always perceived it as the hang out place of hooligans. Can't really blame her for her narrow mindset because in movies and dramas, a pool bar/center is a place where gangsters gather around, smoking their cigga, shooting balls or either get their balls whacked by the end of the day. In cantonese dramas, karaoke lounge represent the place where big bosses and businessman hang out, singing their lungs out, drinking like there's no tomorrow and of cause... ahem.. hugging and kissing prostitutes. Believe me, that's how it was projected in most cantonese movies. So, don't blame me for thinking that these places such as pool center, karaoke lounge and clubs are the Forbidden Cities (Yip, 2007). <---- People who did their FYP1 will understand what this mean. lol!

Anyway, back to business. Just last year during my internship period, I made my first step into a pool center and karaoke lounge. I didn't really tell my parents that I went to these places as I am very sure they think the same way as I am, indecent and filthy place to go. As at today, I lost counts on the number of times I have stepped into these places. Better still, I started to have this obsession for karaoke and pool session. Even so, my pool still isn't good enough to play with the guys but helo, at least I can hit the ball from one end to another end. *self praise* I am yet to go for my karaoke therapy this holiday, everyone has been busy, wait no.. I was busy last week so no hanging out for me. This week, it's my friend's turn to get busy and I am still counting the time to wait for the rest for my karaoke therapy! wee! So that's it, just wanted to share about my little obsession I had lately. =D Anyone care for a game or two?

Karaoke is the best antidepressant.

Pool is the best way to keep you focus.


No comments: