Thursday, May 14, 2009

Vance's visit @ Malacca

It's been long since my outstation friend came to visit Melaka. Just two weeks back, Valerie brought her beloved, Vance, to Melaka. The main objective is of course for Val's parents and also ME to scan at this lil boy over here; and the second objective is to bring him around Ze Historical City of Malacca (Glamournya~). It kinda took Lydia and I an hour to plan the entire visit for this prince and princess, also their "personal" photographer Clarian. Yeap, I know.. big shots like this couple needs a private photographer. ;) Anyway, back to the plan.


Frankly speaking, there's nothing fascinating about Malacca and it still took me quite awhile to figure out why so many people love to visit here. Yes, it will be a very nice place to live in, as in Malacca is not as busy/hectic as KL, yet not as laid back as Kelantan (ahem* Kat's gonna kill me). Nevertheless, I still don't get it! Come on ppl, what attractions do we have in Malacca? Please don't tell me things like the Eye of Msia, the River Cruise, Museums etc. Five years back, it's a joke telling people that there's traffic jams in Malacca but TODAY not anymore. Malacca is getting more and more congested especially in town area, more and more tourists = caused jam. Alright, I shouldn't be whining so much about the heavy traffic here.

As much as me being a Malaccan, it is kinda embarrassing to tell people that I haven't step on Menara Taming Sari. Jakun you may say but this kinda thing is only for tourists, not Malaccans! So, this time I decided to bring all three of them a ride on Menara Taming Sari.


There's four of us, quite decent.

and then we decided to do a funny shot but the couple tend to look too decent

Take 2: not bad not bad

Take 3: The best shot ;)

We also took a ride on the double decker bus. =D
It's almost 7.30pm and everyone's getting hungry, so we ended up having our dinner at Makko for some Nyonya cuisine. The dishes for the day was sotong masak lemak, kangkung belacan, telur cencaluk, and ayam buah keluak.

We were hungry... really hungry but val insist of taking a few pictures of the food before we dine :( (Just look at Vance's expression, that explains all)


Daeren managed to join us for dinner right after his briefing, later we headed to the infamous Eye of Msia for a ride. As usual, pictures are taken before every ride, every meal and every sight seeing. :p

This is ME standing beside Daeren to prove that I'm still taller than him. :p (The fact is I wore a 3inches heels on that day )

The tall ones.. hehe
the tall ones again. :p
Val complained that she looked like the odd one out cause she stand a lil further from us, so second take is requested.
Now, that satisfied her. :)
The whole day was actually planned accordingly. It was right after I woke up, I have this thought of doing a surprise birthday party for Val's super duper belated birthday. Daeren and I started calling everyone at that very last minute and we managed to get all 11 people to celebrate for our lovely princess here. The problem was time management, we ended our visiting a lil earlier then expected so I gotta lengthen the time so that the rest will be there before Val comes. The results? A success! complete stunt for her :) Now, all the trips and falls and hassles are worth while. I'll do anything to make my bestie happy. :D



Day 2 was a lil slow and relaxing day where all five of us went for vocal training, the karaoke @ Dreambox. Nothing much happen, just us singing, the girls with their chinese song marathon, a friend of mine dropped by to say hi in between, "a must sing" Linkin Park song for me, and another whole stretch of english songs..

Next, we went to Klebang for coconut shake and then to Pantai Kundur to watch the sunset. Wait, there's no sunset that we can see at Pantai Kundur right? Right, so we took pictures again.

I'm the tallest among the girls

but

the shortest standing next two them. sigh~

They said I look like Tai Ka Jie in this picture. :p

I love this picture the most.. me posing with my hp, was texting at that time, so might as well pose with it. Haha.

So, that's the end of Vance visit in Malacca and I hope he had a good stay here. :) Now, back to studies Adelene! Exam in a week time..

1 comment:

Yvonne, Von said...

Wa.. it's been ages since I actually see you and val.. and well.. you gals still look very much pretty.. and the guy next to Val, her boy fren right? he is really tall..