Monday, November 17, 2008

Facts

This probably not new to most of my friends anymore, but here are some facts about me:

#1 : My Name.
My friends hardly call me Adelene or Lene anymore. Most of the time, they call me Lehneh; and yes that is one of my nicknames and eventually became my second name. It's so catchy until I myself believes Lehneh is my name. Why do I say so? Right after the moment that I ignore people that calls me "adelene!" or "lene!". That's right, I never look back whenever my friends called my name because I thought it was meant to be someone else. Only when they got fed up and yelled " Lehneh!!! ", I'll turn around to see who's calling me. You see, I do not respond to my name anymore. Lehneh is my new name.

#2 : I am not a Banana.
If you do notice my chatbox, my friend Sherlin was surprised to know that I am not a Banana (a chinese that doesnt know how to speak, read or write in mandarin). Nothing to be surprise of because firstly I'm pretty sure that I do not have the "cina" look, therefore many people assume that I'm english educated. Well, yes partially due to my english speaking family background and no because I was in chinese school during my primary years. Secondly, it is mainly because of my name "Adelene". Many people presume that people with christian names are bananas which is untrue. Thirdly, it is due to the fact that I hardly speaks mandarin in campus. Not to say I do not want to speak in mandarin, it is just that my circle of friends are english educated, and I hardly bump into my chinese educated friends. Hence, many people do not know that I can read and write in mandarin. Well, it is a good thing. At least I am able to fool many people.. including my mandarin class lecturer..*cough cough*.

#3 : I am not a christian.
Just like what I've mentioned in fact #2, many people assume people with christian names are Christians. Come on people, parents nowadays like to name their child with christian names to sound more glamourous and cool. Instead of "Li Yen" which sounds so "cina", my parents name me "Adelene" which sounds more soothing. =) The fact is I do miss people calling me Li Yen alot, but I can't think of any friends who still calls me by my chinese name. Valerie used to call me Li Yen, just recently since I entered MMU she started to call me "Lene". Anyway, back to what I'm saying... take note that people with christian name does not mean that he/she is a christian okay? =)

#4 : Lansi Look.
This is the most interesting one which I found out from my friend recently. As a matter of fact, I seriously do not know that I have this "lansi" (action, arrogant) look. Hahaha. Lydia used to say that I have this cheerful look because I smile and laugh so often. Well, maybe at certain times especially when my mood is down my face potray this "lansi" look. Well, you guys better check it out and tell me about it ya. Hah! no wonder I'm not approachable to many people la~ Now I know why... must start to show budak baik look already. Hahahaha.. =p

So far these are the few updates on me, and I shall update it as soon as I discover anything new about me. Lol! toodles~ nights.

p/s: it's 10 minutes to 5am... yes!! 5am! and I have class tomorrow afternoon.. argh~ off to bed.

No comments: